DEAL HUNTERS INC.
How and when Deal Hunters collects personal information
1. Any personal information that is provided by you to us is collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with applicable laws. Personal information includes information about an identifiable individual such as name, age, and identifying information and identification numbers.
2. Deal Hunters collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis such as through registration forms, online surveys, and postings by individuals. This information allows us to promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided to Deal Hunters, perform research to understand the needs of the users of the Site, and conduct, process and facilitate transactions between users and suppliers of products and services.
3. We collect the following information about you:
(a) Information provided by you. You may enter information on the Site or provide information to us by e-mail or any other way that would allow us to identify you or to contact you. For example, to register with Deal Hunters, you need to enter your name, e-mail address, and other relevant information. The information collected from our online registration helps us to provide a more personalized site experience. By providing your location we can provide you with deals in your area and/or city. You can control your privacy settings as desired on the Site. We may also collect any personal information you provide when you contact us by e-mail or through the Site. We collect this information from you so that we may respond to your question, comment or other query. If you do not want us to collect this type of information, you can choose to not submit it to us. The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications from us, you may turn off this functionality on the Site.
(b) Information gathered electronically by us. When you use the Site to browse, read pages, or download information, the following information about your visit may be collected for the purpose of understanding the value of the Site to users by providing us with data on usage such as:
(i) date and time of your visit
(ii) operating system used by the mobile user device;
(iii) IP address;
(iv) location of IP address;
(v) the pages that you visit; and
(vi) which links were clicked.
4. We do not collect or share individualized usage data. The information is collected and used only in aggregate form to help us understand how users use the Site, including to help us understand the number of users that access the Site, the pages that are most commonly viewed, and the number of users from Canada and elsewhere. We do not use the Site usage data to determine your identity unless required to do so as part of an internal investigation or other law enforcement purpose or as otherwise required by law.
Presence of Cookies to Collect Website Usage
5. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by your web browser. Sessional cookies only work for the duration of your visit, and do not store personal information. Sessional cookies are used to help us understand how you move around the Site. Persistent cookies are stored on your electronic device until they expire (persistent cookies have an expiration date), and can track information such as your IP address. Persistent cookies are used to help us identify if you are a returning visitor, or if you are a new visitor to our site. This will allow us to provide a better user service and experience.
Disclosure of personal information by Deal Hunters Inc.
7. As a general rule the personal information we collect from those who use our Site is held in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances as permitted or required by law, and as disclosed in this Policy, is not disclosed to third parties without your consent, express or implied.
8. We may share your personal information with third parties where we have received your consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected from you.
9. We may also share your personally identifiable information with third parties who we have engaged to help us provide the Site such as Mail Chimp or Google Analytics. In each case, we will ensure that these third parties have agreed not to use or disclose your personal information except to help us provide the Site. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related Site information. These data reflect site-usage patterns gathered during visits to the Site each month, but they do not contain behavioral or identifying information about any individual user unless that user has given us permission to share that information. To help us determine the effectiveness of the Site, we may work with web analytics tools hosted by third parties who receive non-identifiable information from your browser, including the Site or the advertisement you came from, your IP address, your general geographic location, your browser and platform information, and the pages you view within the Site.
10. We may share your personal information with third party vendors to complete transactions, to process data and to service you better. These third parties and their respective employees will only be provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted.
Retention of personal information by Deal Hunters
11. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Site, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Except as provided for or required under applicable law or pursuant to this Policy, we will not share any personally identifiable information we receive from you with any parties outside of Deal Hunters.
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
12. Deal Hunters may collect and use non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of the Site content and traffic. This allows Deal Hunters to improve the quality of the Site managed by it by streamlining visitors' ability to navigate the Site and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
13. Deal Hunters may also use aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of users of the Site, the demographic characteristics of these users and the number of times users have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). Deal Hunters may also disclose to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding users who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe Deal Hunters services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
Web sites operated by third parties
14. Web sites and applications operated by Deal Hunters may contain links to third party applications or web sites that may collect personal information. This Policy does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Deal Hunters does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third party applications and websites, and make an informed decision whether or not to use their applications or visit such websites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
15. Any personal information collected and held by Deal Hunters is stored in third party confidential databases, within or outside Canada, that is believed by Deal Hunters to be secure and compliant with all applicable laws. Any information transmitted via the internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties, despite the use of encryption practices where appropriate. Deal Hunters does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the internet. Deal Hunters employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Deal Hunters other than in accordance with this Policy.
Verifying and correcting personal information
16. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Deal Hunters. Deal Hunters believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Deal Hunters keep personal information as current as possible, Deal Hunters encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections to their personal information collected by Deal Hunters as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an e-mail to the Privacy Officer at Deal Hunters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to File a Complaint
17. To file a complaint with Deal Hunters concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an e-mail to the Privacy Officer at Deal Hunters at email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated by the Privacy Officer. You will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of your complaint and you may be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of your complaint.
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials
Comments and questions